If you’re struggling with debt, it can be hard to know where to turn. But with lots of free advice services available across the UK, you can find help in a way that’s best for you.
How will a debt adviser help you?
A debt adviser will:
- Never judge you or make you feel bad about your situation
- Always be happy to talk to you, however big or small your problem might be
- Find ways to manage your debts even if you think you have no spare money
- Suggest ways to deal with debts that you might not know about
Did you know?
Most people who have got debt advice tell us they feel less stressed or anxious and more in control of their life again
Online debt advice services
Online services are secure and you can get immediate, personalised help. Some services are available 24 hours a day.
- Citizens Advice Web Chat: Citizens Advice offers free, independent, confidential and impartial debt advice through their web chat service.
- PayPlan: PayPlan’s online services include free, confidential online chat with debt help experts, a debt help request form, and a wealth of online resources.
- StepChange Debt Charity: StepChange Debt Remedy provides you with the expert advice, budget support and solutions to help you manage your debts.
- National Debtline: National Debtline offers free debt advice online through its My Money Steps tool and its web guides, fact sheets and sample letters.
- Debt Advice Foundation: Debt Advice Foundation is a national debt advice and education charity offering free, confidential support and advice to anyone worried about debt.